1300 miles in 4 days.Posted: September 16, 2011
This summer I had the road-trip of a lifetime with my now adult brothers who were little mysterious 10 and 12 year-olds when I moved out of the house, way-back-when. We also brought along my cousin who hadn’t been out of a big city for two years (he just returned home from an LDS mission in Korea).
In four days we saw Zion National Park, Coral Reef Sand Dunes, the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Calf Creek in Escalante, Capitol Reef, and Arches. (yeah, it was a little fast, but I’m glad my brothers could experience a little more of this amazing landscape before heading back to Wisconsin).
Thanks for the adventures Aaron, Jordan, and Craig!
1. A reflection of the red rocks in the upper emerald pools, Zion.
2. An amazing sun-speckled spot to eat lunch… and feed a few mosquitos, Zion.
3. Coral Reef Sand Dunes, near Orderville.
4. Breathtaking sunrise, all to ourselves, at Imperial Point, Grand Canyon, AZ.
5. Hoodoos at Bryce Canyon National Park
6. Calf Creek, Escalante National Monument
7. Camping in Escalante, with my new car Artemis (more on her to come)…
8. Four elephants, Arches National Park
9. Delicate Arch (featured on Utah license plates), Arches.
10. And a striking full moon to guide us all the way back home!